Friday, October 18, 2013

2013-2014 Q1 -Getting Personal- Concerning Hours and Requirements

For those who weren't here at this week's meeting for my address:

Our hours/meetings requirement per quarter has been 5/5 for members. Meetings are not mandatory for people involved in MoMa. Because of some short recyclings, we've brought down the hours requirement to 4.5. However, there have been some cases in which members do not meet our requirements because of problems unknown to us. I would like to address this.

As you might all have figured out after being an Environmental Club member, we officers are, in fact, human (shocking, I know). We know how it feels to be just short on hours or even a few away because of other obligations and priorities, since everyone is so enveloped with activities at SG. Sometimes we meet these requirements; sometimes we don't.

I've made an executive decision after considering everything that has been brought up to us officers. We will consider your case -if you had any problems reaching our set requirements-, only if you bring it up privately to me (president) on Facebook, the club's email (sghsenvironmental@gmail.com), or my personal email (jestinwith.an.e@gmail.com). My decision may be controversial, and enforcers of rules may question my decision on the grounds that I'm not being entirely fair to everyone in the club, that my decision leads to the dissolution of "rules", that this isn't realistic.

Visiting a father's grave and having family problems are much more important. If you believe you shouldn't be kicked out because of unforeseen circumstances, tell me with a passion, that you aren't just a member in this organization for college, but a member because you love what we do. The experience is way more important than hours.

Still, if you slide by, there will be strings attached, which may include a higher hours requirement next quarter, higher meeting requirement, or delegating specialized work. Also, not everyone will slide by; we have to keep objectivity.

Thank you for reading this post; I hope I conveyed my passionate feeling about this intelligibly.

-Your 2013-2014 President, Jestin Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment